Projects Overland is a volunteer organization operated through the Anglican Church of Tanzania, under the constitution of the Diocese of Mount Kilimanjaro. It was created by native Tanzanian residents in response to the great needs of grassroots projects established to support impoverished people in their community. By offering safe and affordable volunteer accommodations and support, Projects Overland strives to contribute to the betterment of its community. Projects Overland works closely with Ministries within the Tanzanian Government, in the areas of Health and Education, to ensure that the support we provide to our projects is appropriate and effective. We also work closely with other Non-Government Organizations in our area to assist in fulfilling the needs of our community.
Our mission is to provide safe, affordable and rewarding volunteer experiences to people from all over the world who are drawn to contribute their time, skills and resources to the people of our community. We are committed to serving people in need in Arusha, Moshi , Zanzibar and surrounding areas, by supporting volunteers visiting our country.
Projects Overland is an organization that provides accommodation and support services to international volunteers visiting Arusha, Moshi and Zanzibar, and surrounding areas. The Projects Overland team members are both native Tanzanians and young people from abroad who are driven by the desire to help impoverished people within their community, to improve their standard of living in the areas of education, health, empowerment and access to resources.
Projects Overland appreciates the efforts and contributions of their volunteers and encourages that, as travelers, they should allow time for recreational activities and exploration of the wonders of Tanzania. Volunteers can plan day and overnight expeditions, through Projects Overland, which include wildlife safaris, rural cultural immersion programs, scenic exploration, and city tours. Projects Overland strives to provide their volunteers with all of the services needed to ensure that their Tanzanian adventure is one of the most meaningful, and memorable, experiences of a lifetime.
- to provide safe and affordable accommodations and support to international volunteers
- to send volunteers to local schools to teach English, Mathematics and Science
- to send volunteers to local orphanages to assist with the care of children and teach English
- to send volunteers to local hospitals and clinics in need of volunteers skills and resources
- to promote communication and cooperation with other NGO’s to enhance services to the community
- to contribute to the empowerment of native Tanzanians experiencing extreme poverty
- to share and promote the wonders and culture of Tanzania with international guests
- to alert attention to the needs of individuals within the community and encourage support from the global community